Saturday, October 5, 2013

INKED UP, TATTED UP

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for at least three years. So last November I just woke up one morning and I knew today was the day! I already had some ideas concerning the meaning and the font, but I needed that last impulse to actually do it. I called up the studio and went there two hours later. Pretty impulsive, I know. Well as you can see being spontaneous when it comes to tattoos comes with a price. Both of the tattoos are not that nicely done and I absolutely hate the font of the one I have on my shoulder. I really need to get it redone asap!!! So if you're thinking about getting a tattoo PLEASE don't take the first font that comes to your mind, OK?

I am gonna try to explain the meaning without getting too personal. On my right arm I have "Not all who wander are lost". I had this one done at a time when I had no idea what to do with my life and wanted to have a reminder, that it's not that bad to not have a clue what you're doing. 
On my shoulder it says "happily ever after...". This one I got three Months after my first one. Also a reminder that I will find happy ever after at some point in my life. Kind of goes along with my first one. I had huge boy trouble back then, but I don't really want to go too much into detail. Nonetheless I'm kind of finding my path at the moment (hope I didn't jinx it now!), no boy trouble and I am actually pretty happy :) So maybe the next tattoo (and there sure as hell will be one) will have a lighter background. (Melina)    

I have wanted a tattoo since first grade. Back then it was butterflies and dolphins, then in my early teens a Chinese dragon around my belly button and in my late teens, two swallows holding a banner which says "Love&Hate". So happy my parents didn't allow me any of that...So eighteen months ago, I finally found the one thing, that is so precious to me, that I wanted it as tattoo and probably still will thirty years from now. My Mum and Dad. Now you can all cry. Since my parents names are not fit to be inked onto someones body, and "Mutter&Vater" sounds horrible, I decided to have it written in Sanskrit. Because it looks beautiful. And because I can. (Ago)









1 comment:

  1. Love the happily ever after tattoo! i have wanted to he get a tatto for quite a while but never get around to it, the thought of it being there forever kind of scares me!

    XX

    www.themirroronthewall.com

    ReplyDelete